PHONE: (412) 330-2569
Created in 1867, Allegheny Commons is a network of urban parks that together comprise the oldest public park in Pittsburgh. The park was originally free grazing land that was converted into a central park for the residents of Allegheny City (1788-1907), which was a separate municipality before being annexed by Pittsburgh.
North Park is located across North Avenue from the historic Allegheny General Hospital. Residents enjoy a walking path among the trees and spaces for community programs such as an annual farmer’s market.
Supporting the parks is the Allegheny Commons Initiative. This non-profit organization provides advocacy, fundraising and project management for Allegheny Commons.
Daily, 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Parking is available at the Allegheny Center facilities. For more information, call (412) 323-4455.
Allegheny Commons North Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 United States