PHONE: (412) 237-3400
Opened in 1991, the Carnegie Science Center is the most visited museum in Pittsburgh and a component of the Carnegie Museums Of Pittsburgh.
The Carnegie Museums Of Pittsburgh is the umbrella institution that manages four distinctive museums in the city of Pittsburgh. Their history can be traced to the founding of the Carnegie Museum Of Natural History and the Carnegie Museum Of Art in 1895 through a gift by industrialist Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919).
Recipient of the 2003 National Award for Museum Service, the Carnegie Science Center inspires and entertains by connecting science and technology with everyday life. It strives to reach this goal through interactive exhibits, a planetarium, a restored World War II submarine and an Omnimax theater.
The SportsWorks is an extension of the Carnegie Science Center with interactive exhibits that use the uniting aspect of sports to educate patrons on physics, anatomy, biology and even chemistry.
Sunday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The center has its own parking lot.
- Laser Galactic Odyssey - 01/02/2019 - 12/31/2019 - 12:00 am
- Laser Stranger Things - 06/01/2019 - 11/30/2019 - 12:00 am
- ZZ Top: That Little Ol’ Band From Texas - 09/21/2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Anthropocene: The Human Epoch - 09/25/2019 - 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Burden Of Genius: Dr. Thomas Starzl’s Journey Into Organ Transplantation - 09/26/2019 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Dial M For Murder - 09/27/2019 - 09/29/2019 - 12:00 am
- Rear Window - 09/27/2019 - 09/29/2019 - 12:00 am
- Looney Tunes Marathon - 09/28/2019 - 09/29/2019 - 12:00 am
- Roger Waters: Us + Them - 10/02/2019 - 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Pittsburgh Drone Film Festival - 10/05/2019 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Rocky Horror Picture Show - 10/05/2019 - 10/06/2019 - 11:30 pm - 1:30 am
- Metallica & San Francisco Symphony: S&M 2 - 10/09/2019 - 10/10/2019 - 12:00 am
One Allegheny Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 United States