PHONE: (412) 232-6404
Trinity Cathedral is a historic house of worship and the center for the Episcopal Church in the Pittsburgh region.
The Episcopal Church is a Christian denomination established in 1789 and is the United States component of the England-based Anglican Communion. Trinity Cathedral was completed in 1872 on a cemetery gifted to the church by the heirs of Pennsylvania founder William Penn (1644-1718).
Native Americans were the first to use the land as a burial site, a custom continued by European colonists. As a result, the site has some of the oldest marked graves in the country.
The cathedral was designed by architect Gordon W. Lloyd (1832-1905) with an exterior featuring English Gothic Style — a romanticized interpretation of a style that first appeared in 12th century Europe. The most easily recognizable elements of the Gothic are the pointed arch, pinnacles and intricately detailed windows known as rose windows.
Trinity Cathedral has numerous facilities allowing it to hold concerts, support group meetings and other activities.
STANDARD OPERATING HOURS:
Call for information.
Located a short walk away, a garage is located under the urban park Mellon Square. The garage is open 24-hours a day. For more information, call the Pittsburgh Parking Authority at (412) 560-7217.
325 Sixth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 United States