PHONE: (412) 224-5248
Nova Place is a multi-million dollar urban redevelopment of the former Allegheny Center.
Allegheny Center is a complex of brick structures completed in 1965 focused around a former shopping mall (now offices), apartment buildings and green space. It is located at what was once downtown Allegheny City, the independent municipality that is now Pittsburgh’s north side.
Allegheny City (1788-1907) was located across the Allegheny and Ohio Rivers from Pittsburgh with large German and Croat populations. Over time, Allegheny became one of Pennsylvania’s largest cities with quirky neighborhoods, handsome architecture and major corporations. Allegheny was annexed by Pittsburgh in 1907.
Events are often held in the former mall’s 25,000-square-foot indoor concourse, where shoppers once walked from one store to another.
The complex is surrounded by the Allegheny Commons network of parks that include the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and the New Hazlett Theater.
STANDARD HOURS: Each tenant has its own hours.
The complex has its own parking garage. For more information, call (412) 224-5248
100 South Commons, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 United States